As we approach CHARGE Europe (23-24 October), we’ve been asking our top speakers and partners to reveal their approach to branding in energy. In this article, we speak to Johann Merkel, CX Project Manager, Stadtwerke Düsseldorf
What do you think are the main challenges for energy companies regarding customer experience?
I would suggest that customer experience priorities that keep energy companies awake at night (b) automating repetitive service tasks (c) creating powerful and integrated sales funnels that systematically carry the customer from the attention phase to the decision phase and (d) building strong CX-IT architectures with high quality customer data as a basis for data-based decisions rather than cumbersome and theoretic planning process.
What are the first 3 ingredients that go into a successful customer experience excellence recipe?
- Tailormade offerings and interaction throughout the lifecycle of the customer
- A strong digital foundation i.e. CX-IT-Architecture and quality customer data
- A “test & learn” mentality in all interactions with customers
Stadtwerke Düsseldorf has more than 600,000 customers in Düsseldorf and North Rhine Westphalia. A few examples that they’re proud of, that contribute to a carbon free future city, include:
- Düsseldorf represents one of the highest charging stations densities within Germany
- Stadtwerke Düsseldorf are making giant steps to developing their already well-established district heating infrastructure – e.g, they are using industrial waste heat from Henkel as a new heating source.